Bring your family and friends and join us for a fun movie evening! We'll show The Princess Bride and encourage you to share this timeless classic in a new way by rhyming with Fezzik, announcing your vengeful intentions along with Inigo, expressing your love with Westley, and interrupting the story to make sure this isn’t a “kissing book.” We will have props to make things even more entertaining. Have fun storming the castle with us!
How can you participate in The Princess Bride interactive movie night?
- A character says “True Love”
- Say “awwwwww” and/or blow bubbles
- Characters kiss
- Make kissy noises and ring your bell
- The film returns to the grandson in the bedroom
- Say “Hold it!”
- Trumpets play in the movie
- Make a trumpet noise on your kazoo
- Vizzini says “Inconceivable”
- Slap your forehead with your palm (Fair warning to PB newbies—he says this A LOT, so be gentle)
- A sword is drawn
- Shout “Ta Da” and pretend you have a sword to swing
- Characters are fencing
- Show off your moves with your imaginary sword
- Westley is getting electrocuted
- Pretend your seat is hooked up to the machine and writhe along
- Characters wave
- Wave back. It’s only polite.
- And of course say the immortal lines “as you wish” and “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” Along with the characters.
Bonus: For true fans—these scenes only happen once, so if you know the movie go ahead and…
- When the grandson is playing the baseball game
- Sing the first two lines of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”
- When Vizzini says “No more rhymes now, I mean it!”
- Yell “Anybody want a peanut?”
- Boo Buttercup (aka the Queen of Refuse) along with the scary witch
- When Valerie yells “Liar! Liar!” at Miracle Max
- Say “Get back witch!”
- When the Impressive Clergyman turns around
- Say “Mawage…Mawage is wot bwings us todeger today.”