Food for Thought Noon Book Discussions
Repeating Event Dates
Every 4th Tuesday at noon from March through October.
Food for Thought is the library's longest-standing book club. Meetings are held at noon on the 4th Tuesday of the month from March through October; in May the group meets at the Kettel House Bakery. Discussion leaders are Elizabeth Belden, Voanne Hansen, and Mary Klingler. Everyone is welcome to join this dedicated group and to spend a lunch hour talking about books!
- March 27 - Best Books I've Read Since October
- April 24 - The Newbery Awards for Children's Literature
- May 22 - All Iowa Reads (Boys in the Bunkhouse, by Dan Barry) or Linn Area Reads (Behold the Dreamers, by Imbolo Mbue). We'll meet, eat, and discuss at the Kettel House Bakery & Cafe (945 6th Ave, Marion)
- June 26 - The Elegant Universe: The Moon, the sun, the Stars, and More!
- July 24 - Women Adventurers: 19th-21st Centuries
- August 28 - Fantasy and Science Fiction
- September 25 - Edith Wharton to 2018: The Best of American Women Authors
- October 23 - Choose a Book by a Favorite Author or an Author New-to-You, or Re-Read a Favorite. October is also book exchange month!