Your safety is top of mind for us.
We are taking the next steps toward mitigation as recommended by Linn County Public Health. We will continue to work with the City of Marion (in partnership with the Linn County Emergency Management Agency, Linn County Public Health and the State of Iowa) to carefully evaluate our steps going forward. This means we will be closed to the public, as of Monday, March 16th. Online and reference help will still be available during our normal hours of operation until further notice. Our hours have been modified as below:
Please continue to monitor this page and the Marion Public Library Facebook page for the latest updates.
- We have closed the drop-offs at all Hy-Vee locations. If you have materials you are ready to return, please hold onto them. All due dates have been extended and we will be waiving fines until we reopen.
- We have discontinued holds pick up service.
- All library programs, including Encore Cafe, are cancelled until further notice, as our building is currently closed to the public.
- All library room reservations are cancelled and meeting rooms will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Our staff will respect social distancing guidelines within our facility.
- We encourage all patrons to use the library's online resources.
Here is what we're doing:
- We are monitoring our supplies of cleaning products and have implemented additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures library-wide.
- We will be routinely wiping down hard surfaces and high-touch areas.
- We are regularly cleaning the screens of our copier, printer and public computers.
- We have hand sanitizer stations in place throughout our building.
Here is what you can do:
- If you have a fever and are sick, please stay home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose.
- Take advantage of some of our online resources.
- Practice social distancing, trying to keep 6 feet between yourself and another person.
- Use these trusted sources of information and encourage others to do the same: US Centers for Disease Control & the World Health Organization.